Day 132



Teddy is in da ghettos...


These guys must have been the toughest kids I've seen to this day. Living in public housing, smack in the middle of the city, with only used bikes and a slightly deflated ball to play with, makes these little kids rough. The girls were fine, they smiled and fell in love with the camera but the boys got pissed when I kicked the ball around. All of a sudden I hear a roar behind me and this fat boy on a quad bike three times his size comes flying by and nearly knocks me and 3 of the kids over. My maternal instincts came out and I wanted to point a paw and tell him that what he did was dangerous, but I love my paw and I didn't want to lose it. Two kids no older than 14 were parked nearby smoking a cigarette and acting cool like they own the property and I was trespassing. 



Yea... Bet thats your dad's car and you thought you were a rebel because your underage and you're driving it. Well been there done that buddy. 


But. With all honesty. These kids were kids and they made due with old bikes and balls and they were neighbours that came down from their flats and played together. It was a proper community. A scary one but they all knew each other and respected each others boundaries. I see kids all the time but for some strange reason they own blackberrys and find soccer balls passe unless it was an organised game or on the playstation. These girls didn't wear matching socks yet regular girls these days wear juicy track pants with mini boots that makes them look like tiny women. 


Ghetto kids are officially the shizzle... 

14 comments:

Anonymous | January 8, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Head to sulaibiya for the real ghetto.

Bu Yousif | January 8, 2010 at 3:45 AM

That's really sad neighbor but i hope that they will have fun in a way

Anonymous | January 8, 2010 at 7:11 AM

where is this teddy ? is this "shabrat" within the apartment ..
things that make u go hmmm

DoDoq8 | January 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM

حلوييين الصور بس للحين ماعرفت سالفه الدبدوب

Anonymous | January 8, 2010 at 3:08 PM

DoDoq8 it's a long story. Check out this review by 3MTY: http://www.3mty.com/?p=615

Unknown | January 8, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I'm really glad you decided not to risk your paw and that you weren't wounded in the fat boy's bike attack. Whew!!! ;)

BruTus | January 8, 2010 at 7:33 PM

It is a matter of time to see the real picture of Life "jungle".. Poor people can see the jungle from their childhood; amazingly they adapted well with it.. Unlike the well-living people; they shocked once they realize the truth even after long time .. !!

Ahmed | January 8, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Teddy, your words speak strongly
I hope that more of the public may see your post

AphRodiTe | January 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM

i agree with you BruTus but i belive each community poor or rich is living in a jungle and trying to mask the real picture of life by their strange behaviour... and i think another shouck may happened for both type of people when they realize how the others adapted.

Teddy B. | January 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Anonymous1 - Shabrat? I'm not sure i saw a sign and tried to memorise the name but as usual I forgot. I'll be going again soon to take a more architectural shot coz the buildings are beautiful. A great example of modern architecture in kuwait (by modern I mean Corbusier style)

BruTus and AphRodiTe I'd rather raise my kids in the jungle in the photo rather than the jungle in the malls these days.

Anonymous | January 9, 2010 at 5:06 PM

this is al-sawaber complex if i'm not mistaken

Teddy B. | January 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Yes! it's al-sawaber!

Marzouq | January 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Some kids really do have it rough! Nice photo! Alah ekoon fee 3onhum!!

Anonymous | January 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM

these are the kids that make it in life. when they take everything bad and make it good. that is how they survive. i was one of them and everything around me now is looked at and looked after. more pride to the ghetto

Post a Comment